Generator, Burlington’s maker space, is proud to announce its new BIPOC scholarship. This scholarship will help students with their financial problems. BIPOC is advancing in the arts, tech, STEM fields, and entrepreneurship. Fellows must be 18 years old or older, have good artistic skills, and be passionate about art to be eligible.
Students who are BIPOC whose creative, business, academic, or professional pursuits could be bolstered with access to laser cutters, a woodshop, metal shop, sewing machines, 3D printers, a jewelry studio, graphic design, and 3D design software and tools. Generator best serves Artists, Product-focused entrepreneurs, Inventors, Engineers, and Craftspeople & tradespeople.
The Generator is a maker space inclusive of varying disciplines and all types of people of all ages. Generator members grant access to our specialty workshops, tools, and over 12,500 square feet of workspace, as well as an active hivemind of makers. Generators offer space for learning, creating, and collaboration.
For more information about the BIPOC scholarship check the table below :
|Number of Awards||Varies|
|Application Deadline||April 7th|
Who May Be Eligible
Eligibility requirements for the BIPOC scholarship are mentioned below:
- Individuals must be at least 18 years old or older to be eligible for the scholarship.
- Applicants must be a BIPOC whose creative, business, academic, or professional pursuits could be accessed with the Generator.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit their applications online. Applicants must submit the application completely. Any late or incomplete applications will not be accepted by the college. Please follow the deadlines strictly. Fellows must submit all the mandatory details without any negligence.
- Applicants must submit complete applications with all the details mentioned in the scholarship application form.
- Candidates must explain the following questions briefly:
- Tell us a little bit about yourself and how you plan to use Generator.
- How will this scholarship advance your project goals, profession, or your aspirations?
- Do you have any specific projects you would like us to know about?
The BIPOC scholarship is providing $10,000 in scholarship awards to the students. This scholarship will provide benefits such as:
- Two full-year memberships, plus $300 in tool training
- Six half-year memberships, plus $300 in tool training
- And up to $2,000 in class scholarships
These scholarships encourage students to achieve success by focusing on their careers. These scholarships reduce the financial stress of the students.
Applications are currently open. The Application deadline is April 7th, 2021, by 11:59 PM EST.